Fire Detection & Alarm Council
The FIA Fire Detection & Alarm Council represents manufacturers and suppliers of fire detection and alarm equipment.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including
FD&A Council Chairman interview
negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
The Council is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Bernard Laluvein, Johnson Controls
- Secretary - Neil Budd
- Member - Simon Foulkes, Honeywell Fire Safety
- Member - Peter Massingberd-Mundy, Xtralis
- Member - Paul Pope, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Jon Redfearn, Eurofyre Limited
- Member - Bill Rossiter, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
- Member - Michael Stonehouse, Tyco Fire Protection Products
- Member - Barry Thompson, Argus Security Srl
- Member - Philip Williams, Eaton Electrical Products Ltd
- Member - David Wilson, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Neil Woodward
- Member - Neil Young, Cranford Controls Ltd
- Member - Daniel Youngs, Churches Fire Security Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.