Fire Detection & Alarm Council
The FIA Fire Detection & Alarm Council represents manufacturers and suppliers of fire detection and alarm equipment.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
The Council is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Peter Massingberd-Mundy, Xtralis
- Member - Jacob Andelin, FFE Ltd
- Member - Colin Arter, Secom PLC
- Member - Paul Dennis, Sovereign Housing Association
- Member - Simon Flavell, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Simon Flavell, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Simon Foulkes, Honeywell Fire Safety
- Member - Faruk Meah, Johnson Controls T/A ADT Fire & Security UK & Ireland
- Member - John Newton, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Paul Pope, Global Fire Equipment
- Member - Andy Speake, Aico Ltd
- Member - Mike Sutton, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Ray Turner, Kentec Electronics Ltd
- Member - Neil Woodward, Neil Woodward
- Member - Neil Young, Cranford Controls Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.