Fire Detection & Alarm Council
The FIA Fire Detection & Alarm Council represents manufacturers and suppliers of fire detection and alarm equipment.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including
negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
The Council is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Peter Massingberd-Mundy, Xtralis
- Member - Jacob Andelin, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Simon Foulkes, Honeywell Fire Safety
- Member - Michael Heasman, Stanley Security Solutions Ltd
- Member - Paul Pope, Global Fire Equipment S.A.
- Member - Jon Redfearn, Eurofyre Limited
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
- Member - Andy Speake, Aico Ltd
- Member - Michael Stonehouse, Tyco Fire Protection Products
- Member - Barry Thompson, Argus Security Srl
- Member - Martyn Walley, Elite Security Products Ltd
- Member - Philip Williams, Eaton Electrical Products Ltd
- Member - David Wilson, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Neil Woodward, Neil Woodward
- Member - Neil Young, Cranford Controls Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.