The FIA Extinguishing Council represents the product manufacturers and suppliers of fire extinguishing and fire fighting equipment.
This includes gaseous, foam, watermist systems, portable extinguishers and similar hardware.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
- Chair - Colin Jackson, LW Safety Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Thilthorpe, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Co-opted member - Keith Goodall
- Member - Mark Bristow, Nu-Swift International Ltd
- Member - Alan Elder, Tyco Fire Protection Products
- Member - Steve J Evans, Amerex Fire International Ltd
- Member - Steve Evans, Amerex Fire International Ltd
- Member - Craig Halford, Jactone Products Ltd
- Member - Robert Knox, Kidde Products Ltd
- Member - Tim Langdale, Nu-Swift International Ltd
- Member - Guy Middleton, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Tim Nichols, Tyco Fire Protection Products
- Member - Devang Patel, Fike Safety Technology Ltd
- Member - Clark Priestley, DAB Fire Engineering Ltd
- Member - Andy Spence, Britannia Fire Ltd
- Member - Bob Whiteley, Johnson Controls
- Guest - Peter Stokes, Kidde Products Ltd
- Staff member - Martin Duggan, Fire Industry Association Ltd
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies.
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of equipment related standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product related marketing, communications and training issues.