The FIA Extinguishing Council represents the product manufacturers and suppliers of fire extinguishing and fire fighting equipment.
This includes gaseous, foam, watermist systems, portable extinguishers and similar hardware.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
- Chair - Craig Halford, Jactone Products Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Thilthorpe, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Mark Bristow, Nu-Swift International Ltd
- Member - Chris Downing, Siemens Plc
- Member - Alan Elder, Tyco Fire Protection Products
- Member - Steve J Evans, Amerex Fire International Ltd
- Member - Robert Knox, Kidde Products Ltd
- Member - Tim Langdale, Nu-Swift International Ltd
- Member - William Makant, Plumis Ltd
- Member - Guy Middleton, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Devang Patel, Fike Safety Technology Ltd
- Member - James Petter, Hydro Navitas Solutions Ltd
- Member - Andy Spence, Britannia Fire Ltd
- Member - Andy Spence, Dupre Minerals Ltd
- Member - Nicki Stewart, Firexo Group
- Member - Mark Wheeler, EA-RS Fire Engineering Limited
- Co-opted member - James Mckinney, Fike Safety Technology Ltd
- Guest - Keith Goodall
- Guest - Peter Stokes, Kidde Products Ltd
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies.
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of equipment related standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product related marketing, communications and training issues.