Fire Engineering Council
The Fire Engineering Council represents fire engineering service providers.
It defines fire engineering as the application of scientific and engineering principles to protect people,
Fire Engineering Council Chairman Interview
property and the environment from fire.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Jon Pagan, International Fire Consultants Ltd
- Secretary - Will Lloyd, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Michael Heasman, Stanley Security Solutions Ltd
- Member - Philip Martin, Martin Fire Risk Management Ltd
- Member - Paul McIntosh, Marlowe Fire & Security
- Member - Jigar Pandya, FDS Consult
- Member - Matthew Ryan, The Fire Surgery Limited
- Member - Pat Scott-Youldon, MetroSRM
- Member - Colin Todd, C S Todd and Associates
- Co-opted member - Harry McDaid, Ashton Fire Ltd
- Co-opted member - Simon Vickers, Ashton Fire Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.