The FIA Services Council represents the companies which design, install, commission and maintain fire detection and alarm systems and fire extinguishing products and systems.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Ian Pratley, Mat Fire Systems Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Thilthorpe, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Co-opted member - Stewart Pepper, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Chris Ambler, Eaton Fire Systems
- Member - David Birtwhistle, Hoyles Fire & Safety Ltd
- Member - Paul Daykin, MK Fire Ltd
- Member - Paul Duffey, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Jim Eccles, Monument Fire Detection Systems Ltd
- Member - Alex Goodwin, Anderstore Ltd
- Member - Martin Harvey, ADT Fire and Security Plc
- Member - Guy Middleton, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - David Murfitt, Fire Safety Services (UK) Ltd
- Member - Richard Parker, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Paul Pope, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Bill Rossiter, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
- Member - Bob Whiteley, Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions
- Staff member - Martin Duggan, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Staff member - Catherine Nelms, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Staff member - Robert Yates, Fire Industry Association Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.