The FIA Services Council represents the companies which design, install, commission and maintain fire detection and alarm systems and fire extinguishing products and systems.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Ian Pratley, Mat Fire Systems Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Thilthorpe, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Shane Bartlett, Hochiki Europe (UK) Ltd
- Member - David Birtwhistle, Hoyles Fire & Safety Ltd
- Member - David Brown, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Paul Daykin, MK Fire Ltd
- Member - Paul Duffey, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Jim Eccles, Monument Fire Detection Systems Ltd
- Member - Alex Goodwin, Anderstore Ltd
- Member - Martin Harvey, Johnson Controls
- Member - Guy Middleton, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - David Murfitt, Churches Fire Security Ltd
- Member - Richard Parker, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Paul Pope, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
- Member - Bob Whiteley, Johnson Controls
- Staff member - Martin Duggan, Fire Industry Association Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.