The FIA Services Council represents the companies which design, install, commission and maintain fire detection and alarm systems and fire extinguishing products and systems.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Guy Middleton, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Secretary - Will Lloyd, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Thilthorpe, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Chris Ambler, Eaton Fire Systems
- Member - Bruce Ball, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Adam Barrett, Mitie Security Ltd
- Member - Shane Bartlett, Hochiki Europe (UK) Ltd
- Member - Pete Davies, Fireco Ltd
- Member - Paul Daykin, MK Fire Ltd
- Member - Paul Duffey, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Gary Flockton, International Fire Consultants Ltd
- Member - Martin Harvey, Johnson Controls T/A ADT Fire & Security UK & Ireland
- Member - Jason Hill, Cogniscion Ltd (Tio Fire Safety)
- Member - Ray Hope, Rayfire Services
- Member - Richard Parker, Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Paul Pope, Global Fire Equipment S.A.
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.