In 2014, members told us that their satisfaction rating for FIA membership was 97.5%, three percent higher than the previous year
FIA members also told us that the top 5 benefits of membership are:
- Setting industry best practice
- Shaping standards and Influencing the legislation
- Networking at FIA events and conferences
- Comprehensive and high quality training courses
- Unrivalled technical publications
These are just part of an extensive package which includes:
- Healthcare plans
- Business support helpline
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Dispute resolution scheme
What else is there?
- Use of the FIA logo on printed and digital media. It shows that you are a member of an organisation dedicated to quality and credibility
- A directory listing on this website
- Dedicated members-only area on the website with unique content
- Discounts on stand space at key fire industry exhibitions
- Copies of BSi Standards at reduced rates
Good practice and informing the public
The FIA also has a duty to inform the public about good practice. Employers in particular are often confused as to their responsibilities and we provide the guidance they need and encourage them to buy from FIA members.
There is free information for Duty Holders as well as a Best Practice Guide to Fire Safety in Commercial Premises.
Fire safety seminars held jointly with the Fire & Rescue Services are another method we use of getting the word out, along with publicising campaigns such as 'Cut False Alarm Costs'.