Everyone wants to belong, and at the FIA you will be part of a community at the centre of the Fire Industry
FIA members also told us that the top 5 benefits of membership are:
- Setting industry best practice
- Shaping standards and Influencing the legislation
- Networking at FIA events and conferences
- Comprehensive and industry-leading training courses
- Unrivalled technical publications
These are just part of an extensive package of other member benefits which includes:
They provide an exclusive insurance scheme which is only available to members of the FIA. As part of this scheme, Insurers recognise that as members of the Association you have taken extra steps to obtain accreditation in your industry.
They offer a lease option to our member's customers as our fully authorised finance partner. CLS operates on a national level and have a number of quoting tools in place to ensure that offering finance to customers is simple and effective
This allows companies to reduce their corporate tax bill or receive a tax refund based on a proportion of their R&D expenditure. The scheme can be used by any organisation that is liable for corporation tax in the UK and meets the necessary R&D criteria; it can even be used on unsuccessful projects.
Their specialist lawyers work alongside you, combining industry knowledge with the pragmatic and bespoke service you should expect from a true business partner. Together, we can extend the reach, efficiency and impact of your team, giving you certainty, confidence, control, and peace of mind.
We can host, market and manage all bookings for any of your sessions which have been certified by the FIA CPD Certification Centre. The FIA will then issue CPD certificates on your behalf to the delegates (only if the CPD session is hosted by the FIA). Hundreds of hours of CPD presentations have been certified since its creation in 2020 - learn more here.
For employers, it’s the opportunity to attract and develop new talent far more efficiently and cost-effectively than they could do so alone, with all recruitment, selection and training sourced and administered centrally as part of the fee.
This service includes:
- A review of your current terms and consultation.
- Bespoke terms and conditions and corresponding purchase order documentation.
- Matrix of responsibilities to ensure complete transparency on where your responsibilities begin and end.
What else is there?
- Use of the FIA logo on printed and digital media. It shows that you are a member of an organisation dedicated to quality and credibility
- A dedicated members-only area on the website with unique content
- Discounts on stand space at key fire industry exhibitions
- Copies of BSi Standards at reduced rates
- A directory listing on this website
Don’t have Third-Party Certification yet and want to become an FIA member. Don’t worry, we are here to help!
There are two ways we can help through our Our Route to Certification package or auditing consultancy from our own Compliance Manager.
Whether you’re looking at obtaining one of the BAFE or LPCB LPS schemes or ISO 9001 certification we can help.
Route To Certification package includes:
- FIA membership (free for the first year)
- Consultancy services of the FIA Compliance Manager
- Certification body fees
- Scheme fees (e.g. BAFE)
You choose which certification body and scheme and we help you through every step of the process. Better yet you can spread your payments over the year to make it easier on your cash flow.
Good practice and informing the public
The FIA also has a duty to inform the public about good practice. Employers, in particular, are often confused as to their responsibilities and we provide the guidance they need and encourage them to buy from FIA members.
There is free information for Duty Holders as well as a Best Practice Guide to Fire Safety in Commercial Premises.
Fire safety seminars held jointly with the Fire & Rescue Services are another method we use of getting the word out, along with publicising campaigns such as 'Cut False Alarm Costs'.