The Fire and Rescue Suppliers [FIRESA] Council represents the manufacturers and suppliers of goods and services to the Fire and Rescue sector including appliances, personal protective equipment and associated ground fire fighting equipment.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies. It links suppliers with Fire and Rescue practitioners and other stakeholders. FIRESA Council acts as a strong and consistent industry voice and a key influencer in the decisions that affect the industry.
Council meets at least quarterly, usually at FRS HQs, and welcomes both internal and external guests to these meetings.
Secondments to Council include CFO Paul Fuller and Marketing Adviser, Colin Robinson of Fire Times.
Honorary Members of the FIA include the current Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser, Peter Holland, and the past incumbent, Sir Ken Knight.
We input into many operational aspects of the FRSs as well as maintaining comprehensive representation on relevant British, European and International Standards Committees.
The Council has significant recognition from key bodies, including the Chief Fire Officers Association [CFOA], the Home Office and the Fire Service College as well as being a member of the Fire Sector Federation. We work closely with CFOA with whom we have signed a Memorandum of Understanding and are active in the 'UK Fire and Resilience Offer' initiative which promotes UK fire capability overseas in collaboration with the Department for International Trade.
We exhibit collectively at International Firex, the CFOA Fire Fleet and Equipment Show and the Emergency Services Show [where we sponsor the Drinks Reception] and we also sponsor an award at the Excellence in Fire and Emergency Awards.Read our brochure
The Council comprises 11 elected members headed by Chairman Derek Gotts and Vice-Chairman Ian Callaghan:
- Chair - James Jones, Vimpex Ltd
- Vice Chair - Lesley Wardle, Primetech (UK) Ltd
- Co-opted member - Richard Gorst, A W Hainsworth & Sons Ltd
- Co-opted member - Colin Robinson
- Member - Andy Barber, Antares TDC
- Member - Simon Burnett-boothroyd, Ballyclare Limited
- Member - Ian Callaghan, PBI Performance Products Inc
- Member - Paul Fuller
- Member - Derek Gotts, Supply Plus Ltd
- Member - Thomas Hainsworth, A W Hainsworth & Sons Ltd
- Member - Mark Healey, Red One Limited
- Member - Bernie Higgins, Cold Cut Systems
- Member - Suzanne Prince, W L Gore & Associates
- Member - Andy Roe, Godiva Ltd
- Member - Richard Ryan, Draeger Safety UK Ltd
- Member - Philip Tasker, Bristol Uniforms Ltd
- Member - Tim Wight, Texport Handelsgesmbh
- Member - Matt Wroughton, Excelerate Technology Ltd
- Staff member - David Smith, Fire Industry Association Ltd
We welcome guests to Council meetings that may have an interest in joining the Association. For this and any other enquiries contact the Secretary Dave Smith.
Key Objectives 2017-18
- To deliver networking opportunities for our fire-fighting suppply members both internally within the Association and externally with key decision makers
- To provide early knowledge of issues affecting the Fire and Rescue supply sector and to influence the decisions shaping the sector
- To work closely with CFOA and its constituent bodies to both influence that organisation and provide opportunities of mutual benefit
- To liaise with government, its agencies and other key stakeholders to influence the future of the Fire and Rescue Service and its supply market
- To act on the CFOA FRS R&D Implementation Board and Delivery Group to provide a collaborative R&D function, including National Equipment Evaluation
- To act also on the CFOA National Collaborative Procurement Hub directly and via the FSF Procurement Workstream