Fire Risk Assessment Council
The Fire Risk Assessment Council represents the companies that offer fire risk assessment services.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Colin Todd, C S Todd and Associates
- Member - Colin Bassnett, MetroSRM
- Member - Dave Berry, Fire And Risk Management Support Services Limited
- Member - Iain Bowker, Energy Footprint Ltd T/A Ensure Safety & Compliance
- Member - John Briggs, The Fire Protection Association
- Member - Tom Gilbert, Frankham Risk Management Services
- Member - Claire Goodfellow, The Fire Protection Association
- Member - Gary Grant, Prestige Protec Systems Ltd
- Member - Richard Lawson, Total Fire Safety Ltd
- Member - Philip Martin, Martin Fire Risk Management Ltd
- Member - Simon Morriss, Arcus Solutions (Holdings) Ltd
- Member - Zinon Papadamou, Allsaved Ltd
- Member - Daniel Quirke, Contract Fire Security
- Member - Tom Simmonds, Allsaved Ltd
- Member - Jason Thomson, Thomson Fire Limited
- Member - Harry Wilmot, H E Woolley Ltd
- Guest - Nicholas Coombe
- Staff member - Will Lloyd, Fire Industry Association Ltd
Fire risk assessments
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.