Fire Risk Assessment Council
The Fire Risk Assessment Council represents the companies that offer fire risk assessment services.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Colin Todd, C S Todd and Associates
- Secretary - Will Lloyd, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Colin Bassnett, MetroSRM
- Member - Dave Berry, Fire And Risk Management Support Services Limited
- Member - Iain Bowker, Energy Footprint Ltd T/A Ensure Safety & Compliance
- Member - Ross Braidley, FCS-Live Ltd
- Member - John Briggs, The Fire Protection Association
- Member - Steve Dilloway, Steve Dilloway T/A Veritas Fire Support Services
- Member - Claire Goodfellow, The Fire Protection Association
- Member - Philip Martin, Martin Fire Risk Management Ltd
- Member - Tom Simmonds, Allsaved Ltd
- Member - Michael Slater, Eaton Electrical Products Ltd
- Member - Adam Sutherland, AJ Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Jason Thomson, Thomson Fire Limited
- Member - Tom Welland, BB7 Fire Limited
- Member - Harry Wilmot, H E Woolley Ltd
Fire risk assessments
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.