Fire Engineering Council
The Fire Engineering Council represents fire engineering service providers.
It defines fire engineering as the application of scientific and engineering principles to protect people,
Fire Engineering Council Chairman Interview
property and the environment from fire.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
It is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Jon Pagan, International Fire Consultants Ltd
- Member - Ben Bradford, BB7 Fire Limited
- Member - Al Brown, Rushbrook Consultants Ltd
- Member - Mostyn Bullock, Tenos Ltd
- Member - Richard Godwin, Lawrence Webster Forrest
- Member - Dennis Livingstone, Mott MacDonald
- Member - Steven Morgan, Hoare Lea & Partners
- Member - Colin Todd, C S Todd and Associates
- Member - Michel Wizenberg
- Staff member - Martin Duggan, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Staff member - Will Lloyd, Fire Industry Association Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.