Fire Detection & Alarm Council
The FIA Fire Detection & Alarm Council represents manufacturers and suppliers of fire detection and alarm equipment.
The Council’s key role is to present the collective views of this sector of the industry, including
FD&A Council Chairman interview
negotiation and discussion with government and other external bodies.
The Council is made up of 15 elected members representing small, medium and larger FIA member companies:
- Chair - Bernard Laluvein, ADT Fire & Security Ltd
- Secretary - Graham Simons, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Secretary - Robert Yates, Fire Industry Association Ltd
- Member - Stephen Bennet, ADT Fire & Security Ltd
- Member - Jim Eccles, Monument Fire Detection Systems Ltd
- Member - Simon Foulkes, Honeywell Fire Safety
- Member - Steve Martin, Eaton Electrical Products Ltd
- Member - Peter Massingberd-Mundy, Xtralis
- Member - Paul Pope, Apollo Fire Detectors Ltd
- Member - Jon Redfearn, Eurofyre Limited
- Member - John Ridge, Honeywell Control Systems Ltd
- Member - Bill Rossiter, No Climb Products Ltd
- Member - Don Scott, Siemens Plc
- Member - Barry Thompson, Argus Security Srl
- Member - David Wilson, Advanced Electronics Ltd
- Member - Neil Young, Cranford Controls Ltd
As well as representing members’ interests, the Council monitors and influences the development of relevant standards, legislation and regulations. It also commissions research.
In addition, it provides guidance for product-related marketing, communications and training issues.