Like it? Share it!
10 June 2020
What is the FIA CPD Certification Centre?
- The FIA is offering an exclusive new member benefit service with the offer to have your CPD certified by the FIA. All included in the cost of your membership, so there is no additional cost.
- As part of the service, the FIA can host, market and manage all bookings for any of your sessions which have been certified by the FIA CPD Certification Centre. The FIA will then issue CPD certificates on your behalf to the delegates (only if the CPD session is hosted by the FIA).
- Data on the attendees will only be shared with the member company delivering the CPD session.
Why we are doing it?
- Being the largest fire-related trade association in Europe means that the FIA has a wealth of technical expertise across the breadth of the fire industry. This means that we are able to assess the technical content of your CPD sessions and give it our stamp of approval or assist with bringing it up to standard.
- When coupled with our unrivalled training experience, this uniquely enables us to be able to assess any presentations which are submitted to us and also give the stamp of approval on its educational quality.
- We strive to do all we can to champion, represent and help improve our members and the excellent advice they give to their customers and the wider industry. By checking and certifying our members CPD we feel this will be of massive benefit to all parties involved and serves as a great way to improve the standards of the entire fire industry.
Who does it benefit?
- It benefits you as a member. By having the weight of the FIA’s technical and educational backing behind it, your CPD sessions gain a level of credibility that is specific to the industry which they are aimed at.
- It benefits the end-user (your target audience) as they know that the CPD they are receiving has been checked and certified by the leading industry body, thereby giving it more value and credibility.
- If you are a member and use our CPD service you no longer have to pay fees to external generic CPD certification bodies who are not experts in the fire industry. This can potentially save you thousands of pounds in unnecessary expenditure.
- By making use of the FIA’s marketing ability and our extensive database of fire industry and related contacts, you can rest assured that your CPD sessions are being marketed directly to the right people and companies.
- The wider fire industry can also benefit from the FIA CPD Certification Centre as they become familiar with the online CPD process.
How to get your CPD certified by the FIA
- Submit your presentation via e-mail to the FIA technical department to be assessed.
- The presentation will be assessed against various criteria including but not limited to technical correctness, impartiality (nothing product or company-specific), educational quality and many more.
- Once a session passes the assessments and is certified, the FIA will enable usage of the FIA CPD Certified logo which can be applied to all of your certificates for that session.
- Book in your event with the FIA training team and we will add to the events calendar on the FIA website and include the sessions in our marketing releases and social media.
Terms and conditions apply and are available from us upon making an application to use the FIA CPD Certification Centre
If you have found this article helpful or you are proud to be an FIA member then please share this article with your network.