FD&A Advanced Installer
Level 3 Fire Detection and Alarm Advanced Installer
Two days course.
Taking this unit in combination with the other units in the qualifications pathway will qualify learners in fire detection and alarm systems installation.
To take the Advanced Installer unit, you MUST have passed the Foundation in Fire Detection and Alarm Course.
It is highly recommended that anyone taking this course reads the Foundation Course manual (given to candidates when attending the Foundation Course), and watches the Foundation Course pre-learning videos as revision before embarking on this course.
In addition, please watch and study the pre-learning videos below. Please ensure that you watch it all the way through to the end, and replay it a few times to ensure you understand and remember the information.
Anyone who installs fire detection and fire alarm systems.
• BS 5839/IS 3218 (All parts included where applicable)
• The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015
• Building Regulations
• Installation Methodology
What's on the Advanced Installer unit?
Get an in-depth overview of the course
Technicians will understand the specific requirements of current and relevant UK legislation,
BS 5839 and other associated standards where applicable, the technologies available through to installation and fixing techniques, testing methodology fault finding and certificating the work carried out.
Learners successfully completing this unit will be able to install and test new systems that are compliant with current legislative and regulatory requirements.
They will understand and be able to apply their knowledge of:
• Current legislative and regulatory requirements according to the UK nation(s) in which they are employed
• Understand and interpret design plans, recognise when changes in building construction or use lead to design plans that do not relate, and when the design plan requires revision by the designer
• Be able to install a system according to the design plan
• Be able to apply industry best practice in installation techniques and methodology
• Be able to apply industry best practice in testing methodology
• Be able to complete installer certificates, documentation, and diagrams
Non-members £480 + VAT