FD&A Advanced Installer
The FIA AO Level 3 in Fire Detection and Alarm Installation, Theory and Regulatory Requirements
Two days course.
Taking this unit in combination with the other units in the qualifications pathway will qualify learners in fire detection and alarm systems installation.
• BS 5839/IS 3218 (All parts included where applicable)
• The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015
• Building Regulations
• Installation Methodology
What's on the Advanced Installer unit?
Get an in-depth overview of the course
testing of new systems according to a provided system design.
Technicians will understand the specific requirements of current and relevant UK legislation, BS 5839-1 and other associated standards where applicable, the technologies available through to installation and fixing techniques, testing methodology fault finding and certificating the work carried out.
Learners successfully completing this unit will be able to install and test new systems that are
compliant with current legislative and regulatory requirements.
They will understand and be able to apply their knowledge of:
• Current legislative and regulatory requirements according to the UK nation(s) in which they are
• Understand and interpret design plans, recognise when changes in building construction or use lead to design plans that do not relate, and when the design plan requires revision by the designer
• Be able to install a system according to the design plan
• Be able to apply industry best practice in installation techniques and methodology
• Be able to apply industry best practice in testing methodology
• Be able to complete installer certificates, documentation, and diagrams
Non-members £480 + VAT