Like it? Share it!
02 December 2015
London, 1 December 2015: The Security & Fire Excellence Awards, supported by leading industry events IFSEC & FIREX International, last week revealed this year’s winners at a prestigious evening ceremony at the London Hilton Park Lane.
Recognising the achievements of the most innovative, reliable and cost-effective products, services and solutions spanning a wide range of fields across fire and security, the Security & Fire Excellence Awards are an annual highlight for the entire industry. Hosted this year by one of the UK’s biggest names in comedy Jimmy Carr, the stand-up comedian and host of 8 out of 10 Cats entertained the audience at the plush central London venue after a speech from IFSEC and FIREX event director Gerry Dunphy.
Among the winners were Schneider Electric, who triumphed in the CCTV System of the Year category with their Pelco range, while Cornerstone took home the gong for Security Consultant of the year.
Here is the full list of winners:
• Engineers of Tomorrow competition for young installers: Joint winners – Jack Baker and Harrison Cooke, Kings Security; Carlos and Bobby Dhunay, Telcam Security Systems. Third place: Padraig Lennon from NM Fire & Security and Johnny English, H&J Martin
• Wilf Knight Award: James Eaton
• Inspiration in HR Award: Wilson James
• International Achievement Award: Pilgrims Group
• Best Deployment of Lone Worker Technology: Guardian 24
• CCTV System of the Year (Excluding Cameras and Lens): Schneider Electric (Pelco)
• Communication Product of the Year: Parson360 by Parson IoT division (Video Systems Srl)
• Security Consultant of the Year: Cornerstone Independent Security Consultancy
• Security Manager of the Year: Guy Rampe, contract manager, Croma Vigilant Security
• Event Security Team of the Year: SecuriGroup
• Small to Medium Security Installer of the Year: Fidelity Integrated Systems
• Large Security Installer of the Year: VPS Vacant Property Specialists
• Combined Security & Fire Solution of the Year: Nobel Fire Systems with the GP-X ATM Protection System
• Active Fire Innovation of the Year (Product, Service or Project): Cirrus HYBRID by Protec Fire Detection
• Passive Fire Innovation of the Year (Product, Service or Project): CFS-C EL Firestop Collar Endless by Hilti
• Best Contribution to Standards in the Security Sector: Creation and Establishment of a Security Commonwealth by the Security Institute
• Corporate Social Responsibility of the Year: Dot Dot Dot Property Guardians
• Intruder Alarm or Exterior Deterrent Product of the Year: Smart-i Home Security System by Y3K
• Access Control Product of the Year (including Biometrics): MorphoWave by Morpho
• CCTV Camera Equipment of the Year: Nubo by Panasonic
• Security Project or Installation of the Year: Cutting Edge CCTV system at Manchester City FC by G4S Security Solutions
• Customer Care Initiative of the Year: Fatality Mitigation Project by STM Group UK
• ACS Champion of the Year: Phoenix Eye Ltd trading as Phoenix Eye and Phoenix Security
• Security Guarding Company of the Year: Wilson James
• Security Partnering Initiative of the Year: Post Office and Crime Stoppers
• Security Training Initiative of the Year: The Kings Training Academy: Kings Security
Now in its 17th year, the event recognises the skill and often bravery of professionals whose play a role that can be life-saving and yet unsung, serving as the Oscars of the security and fire industries, it provides an opportunity for those working within these sectors to get together and celebrate.
Another highlight of the evening was an update from Simon Banks, Group Managing Director, CSL Dualcom, on the industry apprentice Scheme Engineers of Tomorrow, established and organised by CSL Dualcom. The Engineers of Tomorrow Competition, which takes place at IFSEC International, aims to recognise the best young engineers in the industry. For the first time in the history of the competition we saw joint winners crowned, with Jack Baker, Harrison Cooke, Bradley Gilmour and Brian O’Reilly from Kings Security sharing the spoils with Carlos and Bobby Dhunay from Telcam Security Systems.
Gerry Dunphy, Event Director- IFSEC & FIREX International said: “This year has once again seen some really fantastic and worthy winners from across a wide range of companies working within security and fire. We really look forward to this event each year as it is a great opportunity to reflect on the year just gone and celebrate where the industry is heading whilst also a fantastic evening of networking with peers from across the many companies and associations working within fire and security.”
Xtralis, the pioneer in early and reliable detection and remote visual verification of fire, gas and security threats, was the headline sponsor; other sponsors included Magenta Security Services, SGC Facilities Management, Securitas, Axis Communications, Grosvenor Technology, Swift Fire & Security, Panasonic, Bolster Systems and Bosch.
This year’s charity partners were the Ghana Education Trust and Suzy Lamplugh Trust. The Security & Fire Excellence Awards will take place in London in November 2016.