16 September 2019
Under the auspices of Services Council, FIA works to support service activities of its members. The technical groups below Services Council write guidance documents and provide industry input to the development of National and International standards. The following working groups are seeking members to help drive this important work.
Portables Service Committee (PSC)
PSC is responsible for all activities related to the Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers. They provide the FIA input to the development of British Standards for example BS 5306-3 & 8 the portable fire extinguisher “bibles”. Examples of guidance documents published by PSC are:
• FIA Guidance on maintenance of mobile fire extinguishers
• FIA short Guide to BS 5306 -3 : 2017
• Servicing fire extinguishers? Can you use generic parts or should you buy from the manufacturer?
• Code of Practice for the Selection, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Fire Blankets manufactured to BS EN 1869
Installer and Maintainers Section (I&MS)
I&MS is responsible for all activities related to the Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Fire Detection and Alarm systems.
They provide the FIA input to the development of British Standards BS 5839-1 & 6 the fire detection and alarm “bibles” and other fire detection and alarm related standards.
Examples of guidance documents published by I&MS are:
• FIA Application Guidance on BS 7273-4:2015
• FIA Guidance on Manual Call Points
• BS 5839-1:2017 Revision presentation
• BS 5839-1 - What has Changed v2.pdf
Membership of working groups is open to all FIA members with the relevant experience.
If you are interested in participating in any of these groups please submit your CV highlighting which group you would like to join, to FIA Technical Manager Robert Thilthorpe.
17 September 2018
10 September 2018
23 August 2018