Why are false alarms a problem?
They cost you money; disrupt your business; risk lives; and are a drain on valuable resources. Here are a few reasons why you should be minimizing them on your premises.
Cost to You
- Down time from evacuations
- Disruption to production
- Annoyed customers
- Fire service charge for attending
Cost to Your Reputation
- Image of complacency about life safety
- Loss of confidence from staff and the fire service
- Risk of prosecution/charge
Cost to Fire & Rescue Service
- Time wasted
- Taking effort away from possible real fires
Read our leaflet for more reasons why.
A question you need to also ask is: Will the fire & rescue service come? If in doubt confirm their attendance policy with them to make sure that it hasn’t changed
Don’t cut out false alarms for us; do it for yourself and for your business. It will save you MONEY!