New fire safety guidance published by Scottish Government
Like it? Share it!
21 August 2017
The Scottish Government has published updated guidance on fire safety for non-residential residences.
The guidance consolidates and supersedes a number of individual Scottish Government guides, and introduces a substantial number of editorial changes in the revision aimed at improving duty-holders’ understanding.
The guidance has been developed for duty-holders to help meet their requirements under the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, and covers existing non-residential premises ithout sleeping accommodation such as offices, shops and entertainment venues.
It does not seek to impose new standards, nor is it intended to impose more onerous benchmarks, but is merely a revision of existing guidance currently available.
The guides superseded are:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Educational and Day Care for Children Premises: February 2008
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Places of Entertainment and Assembly: December 2007
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Factories and Storage Premises: February 2008
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Offices, Shops and Similar Premises: February 2008
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance for Transport Premises: February 2008.
Block plans for foam installations
16 September 2019
FIA Marketing Toolkit
01 July 2015