Like it? Share it!
There have been quite a few changes to the British Standard BS 5839-1 : 2017. This video, recorded shortly after the standard was released, is a handy hour-long training session to get you fully up to spec. Watch it by yourself with the seminar slides provided, or use it to train colleagues and staff.
In this video you'll learn:
- The main changes to BS 5839-1
- Definition updates
- Changes to multi-sensor usage in escape routes
- L3 and L2 relationship
- The use of manual call point covers
- Updates to communications with the Fire and Rescue service
- Staff alarms
- Video fire detectors and why lighting is important
- Types of fire detectors and their selection
- Spacing and siting of automatic fire detectors
...and much, MUCH more.
We had to jam all the changes into one short hour-long seminar for you to watch, pause, and take notes.
BS 5839-1:2017 update video
Find out all the changes
19 November 2019
By Michael Gregg, FIA Training Manager
14 October 2019
By Rob Thilthrope
19 August 2019
By Andy Speake, National Technical Manager, Aico Ltd