Like it? Share it!
Thanks to our members' unwavering commitment, the industry has continued to grow, resulting in increased activity for the FIA year after year. To address this expansion, the FIA has realigned internally to make its operations more dynamic. We have strengthened our resources in critical areas such as marketing, content, technology, membership, and training. Moreover, we have expanded our presence by opening a Northern hub in Northwich, Cheshire, which features a state-of-the-art training and event centre with a "Centre of Excellence" demonstration space to showcase the systems and products of our members.
In addition, we have taken major steps, including setting up FIA Cyprus as an operational unit that was established in October 2023. This establishment served as a prototype for other international territories. The launch involved 15 FIA member companies from the UK and revolved around a Fire Summit, which was the first of its kind in Cyprus.
As well, we are constantly adding to our third-party benefits portfolio available to FIA members. As a member, you have access to discounted rates and specialised services from our expert partners. For 2023, we have recently strengthened our partnerships with BSI, management consultants, sales and marketing advisors, fuel card providers, and others to further increase the value of our membership offering.
View some of the main points covered in the FIA's annual report across departments by downloading the report below:
- Membership: The FIA experienced membership growth, with 96 companies joining and 9 expressing dissatisfaction. We also offer a route to certification package for companies seeking third-party certification.
- Training: The Fire Detection and Alarm (FD&A) qualification courses have been a key focus of FIA training, supported by FireQual. Plans are underway to expand the range of qualifications, including the BS 5839-1 Fundamentals in FD&A and the four Advanced Qualifications. The FIA is also adapting its CPD courses to include online learning.
- Marketing: The company's social media engagement and website traffic have significantly increased, with an average of 6,332 monthly impressions and 42,000 LinkedIn followers, indicating a larger and more impactful digital footprint.
- Councils: Our councils, which are at the forefront of the industry, continue to offer crucial advice to the sector.
- Events: The FIA has increased its event resources this year by appointing an Events Manager, resulting in an exciting programme of events for the upcoming year.
30 November 2023
05 September 2023