Like it? Share it!
13 October 2015
An Oxford firm and its owner have been handed fines totalling £9000 after fire safety failings were revealed.
Inspectors from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service found that there were residents sleeping on the top floor of the building belonging to Le Casse Croute Ltd, despite there being no fire alarm or safe means of escape.
Despite serving the company with a notice restricting the premises, a follow up inspection found that improvements had not been made, prompting the fire service to bring the case to court.
Deputy leader of Oxfordshire County Council Rodney Rose said: “This is a stark warning for anyone who thinks they can take risks with other people’s lives.
“Prohibition notices must be taken seriously and acted upon and this case clearly demonstrates the penalties for not doing so.”
11 October 2021
17 September 2021
07 September 2021