Like it? Share it!
20 April 2020
The safety and security of our delegates who are taking our online training and CPD sessions are of the utmost importance for us. As such we have implemented a variety of additional security measures within our online training platform to ensure that delegates can take our training as safely and securely as possible.
We implement different security measures based on the need of the session we are running which allows us to strike a good balance between delegate interaction and delegate security. For instance, we have stricter rules in place for CPD sessions with hundreds of delegates than we do for a training course.
It must be stated that so far, we have had absolutely no issues in our transition to online training. However, as an educational establishment, we believe it is key to reassure our delegates of what we are doing to keep the training and themselves safe and secure.
We take cybersecurity and security of paramount importance and so in response to recent high-profile reports of Zoom Conferencing being compromised we wish to assure you that we have implemented all security best practices when using Zoom to deliver our award-winning training.
We recognise that you are entrusting us with your valuable data and information and we take great care to ensure your data is secure at all times and we strictly adhere to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you wish to understand in greater detail on how we are doing this then please read the following policy, procedures and settings we implement when delivering training via Zoom.
So, what are we doing at the FIA?
- AUTHENTICATE USERS: For delegates to take part in either online training or CPD sessions, they must be a signed-in user.
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED: We require delegates to register in order to receive the link to our online webinars. We only accept the registered delegates allowing us to have control over who can join.
- JOINING BEFORE HOST: We do not allow delegates to join a meeting before our trainers, which means we have full oversight of the training from start to finish.
- REMOVE NUISANCE ATTENDEES: We have full control over who attends and participates in any of our online training and CPD sessions, we also have the ability to block certain users from returning.
- LIMITED ACCESS TO FUNCTIONS: In our CPD sessions we can disable the delegates ability to chat, share files or turn on their camera or audio. However, if we are running a dedicated training session or CPD we can change delegates access to these features to offer a bespoke user experience similar to that of a person in the classroom.
- RANDOMLY-GENERATED ID: We randomly generate a unique ID for each and every online session.
- LOCKDOWN YOUR MEETING: When, and if it is necessary, we have the ability to lock down our meetings which will prevent others from joining, even if meeting ID’s or access details have been leaked.
What has Zoom done?
Zoom has been attempting to toughen up its security measures ever since it vowed to fix its "biggest trust, safety and privacy" issues in April.
Its latest move, aimed at free users of its platform, will be implemented on 9 May.
A new level of encryption will also be introduced across the platform from 30 May, which it says will "provide increased protection for meeting data and resistance against tampering"
If you have found this article helpful or you are proud to be an FIA member then please share this article with your network.
24 October 2019
16 September 2019