Like it? Share it!
It’s incredibly pleasing that with 2020 just a couple of weeks old, we continue to grow the number of member companies that are designated as ‘FIA Exporters’. We welcome Jactone Products Ltd represented by their Sales Director Carol Webb and Key Integrated Systems Ltd represented by Fire Technical and Design Manager Paul Haines.
What better time, therefore, to explain a bit about the Export Council and our FIA Exporters. The FIA Export Council was formally adopted into the FIA in 2015 and on becoming an elected FIA Council, the annual fee was waived for FIA members and the designation ‘FIA Exporter’ created such that all exporting FIA members could be identified as such and participate fully in our export-related activities. From a subscription Council of a little over 20 members, we now have an FIA Exporters community of well over 60 companies.
We’re taking this further opportunity to inform all FIA members of the chance to become an FIA Exporter through a simple opt-in procedure. And so, here are some of the things that we do:
- Invite relevant quality guests and speakers to Export Council meetings [which are open to all FIA Exporters]
- Publish a Weekly Update featuring news, advice and notice of forthcoming exhibitions, missions and other key events
- Grow awareness of our export capability through print, electronic and social media
- Disseminate the FIA Export flyer, Exporters Directory and Overseas Case Studies document to prospective customers and decision makers across the globe
- Develop Market Intelligence on countries of interest
- Organise Trade Missions and a collective presence at key exhibitions, including working with exhibition organisers to establish preferential packages
- Engage with key partners including DIT DSO, the Institute of Export and sister Associations including BSIA, BSIF and ADS
Designation as an FIA Exporter is free to all existing FIA member companies and enables access to all of the above. If you wish to be involved, please e-mail the Export Manager at [email protected]
FIA, FIRESA Secretary
01 January 2021
By Adam Richardson, Business Liaison
18 November 2020
By Chris Downing, FIA Extinguishing Council
16 November 2020
By David Smith, FIA, FIRESA Secretary
15 January 2021
14 January 2021