Two free seminars on BS 5839-1:2017 will be available to attendees of this year’s FIM Expo, 4th October 2018 in Doncaster. The seminar will be presented by FIA Technical Manager, Will Lloyd.
The seminar will cover the changes to the standard since the 2013 version and provide technical insight, as well as give an opportunity to ask questions. Attendees will be eligible to gain a CPD certificate.
Discover and learn about:
- Multisensors in escape routes
- L2 and L3 systems
- The use of manual call point covers
- The ‘place of ultimate safety’ and how this affects placement of call points
- Communication with the fire and rescue service
- Staff alarms
- Video fire detectors
- Types of fire detectors and their selection
- Spacing and siting of automatic fire detectors
- Siting of optical beam smoke detectors
- Power supplies and cabling
- …and much more
There will be two seminars held at FIM Expo, the Fire Industry Manufacturer’s Expo, run by the Fire Industry Association (FIA). The expo will have a range of fire detection and alarm manufacturers to visit and speak to, as well as free tea and coffee and light refreshments.
There will be two seminars running at the event – one in the morning at 11am, and repeated again at 2pm. Doors for the expo open at 9.30am and the event closes at 4pm. A free lunch will be provided for all attendees, with the opportunity to network with other professionals and visit each stand in a relaxed environment.
The event is being held at Doncaster Racecourse, which is easily accessible from the A1 and M18 motorways if coming by car, or a 10-minute cab ride from Doncaster train station (where a taxi rank is available). Free parking is available for all attendees.