Like it? Share it!
24 February 2016
- EU citizens are safer and live in a secure society
- the marketplace is efficient and dynamic
Euralarm will be anengaged and constructive partner for the EU Institutions, helping policymakers to craft the legislation that meet these societal and economic objectives as well as to shape an open, efficient and dynamic marketplace for the electronic fire, safety and security industry in the EU; a market growing by 11% over the next five years according to an EU Commission’ recent report.
The six policy areas are:
- A market-driven standards system that works for consumers and the industry
- A single market approach to testing, auditing and certification in the fire safety and security industry
- Improving fire safety in tourist accommodation to prevent unnecessary deaths and injuries
- A Europe-wide system to recognize skills and qualifications
- A single market for the provision of services for fire safety and security systems
- ‘Smart cities’ that include aspects of fire safety and security
For each area Euralarm offers its support to the EU Institutions. This newest publication is another Euralarm initiative that backs the EU goals of boosting employment, growth and investment, and strengthening and deepening the Single Market. With the right political, legislative and regulatory environment, the fire safety and security industry can play an important role in achieving these goals.