BS 5839-6 Fundamentals in FD&A (1 Day)
BS 5839-6 Fundamentals in FD&A
BS 5839-6 Fundamentals Qualification
This one-day unit gives delegates a strong grounding in the requirements of BS 5839-6, which is essential for anyone working in FD&A in domestic premises.
**Please note when taking this exam online you will be required to have access to the Standard BS 5839-6**
- Everyone who works in FD&A in Domestic premises should take this course. The course covers all aspects of BS 5839-6. It is essential that all technicians carrying out any kind of work in the sector have been trained on, and have good working knowledge and understanding of BS 5839-6.
- Successful completion of BS 5839-1 Fundamentals in FD&A
For those looking to do some prior reading before taking this unit. We recommend
The Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems in Domestic Premises. A Guide to BS 5839‑6:2019. 4th Edition
By C S ToddAvailable to purchase in the FIA eShop. Log in for members prices
Training based on BS 5839-6 which covers understanding:
- The scope and premises covered
- General requirements
- Design considerations
- Installation considerations
- Routine testing & Maintenance
- Requirements in relation to the responsibility for the limitation of false and unwanted alarms
- Certification & documentation
- An understanding of BS 5839-6 and the requirements of it
As one of the BS 5839-6 Grades closely follows the recommendations of BS 5839-1 it is essential that learners have the fundamental knowledge of BS 5839-1.
- FIA member £150 + VAT
- Non-members £240 + VAT