Browse our regularly updated listing of UK and international fire protection industry events and exhibitions, including those attended or sponsored by the FIA.
The briefings are taking place throughout August and September across the UK to provide security industry practitioners with information on the new PD6669 scheme.
PD6669 builds upon the existing BS EN 50136 series for alarm transmission systems by providing guidance, such as additional alarm transmission system performance categories and actions to be taken when the availability fails to meet the required levels. It also provides installation advice to improve the security and reliability of alarm transmission systems.
The briefings will take the format of a small panel of PD6669 contributors providing a summary of the content and expected use by installers and end-users, followed by a question and answer session.
The briefings will take place at the following venues:
• London - 30th August – UBM 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8BF. Registration opens at 8.30am with presentations from 9.00am until 11.00am.
• Hampshire - 31st August – Southern Monitoring 212-218 London Rd, Waterlooville PO7 7AJ. Registration opens at 8.30am with presentations from 9.00am until 11.00am.
• Wigan - 6th September – NW Fire and Security Exhibition, DW Stadium (South Stand Suite) 15 Loire Dr, Wigan WN5 0UH. Presentation 10.00am – 11.00am (as part of the NW Fire and Security Exhibition speaker programme).
• Nottingham - 13th September – EMCS Ltd Tissington Cl, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 6QG. Registration opens at 8.30am with presentations from 9.00am until 11.00am
The event will be held in co-operation with the NFPA Fire Protection Research Foundation, Quincy, MA, USA and will address the latest developments in research, technology, and applications for the fire protection community.
The upcoming AUBE ’17 will be a joint conference with the 2017 Suppression, Detection, and Signaling Research and Applications Conference (SUPDET 2017). In this way, the tradition of international conferences concerning the subjects automatic fire detection, suppression and signaling research is continued.
The conference will be organized together with
• NFPA Fire Protection Research Foundation (National Fire Protection Association)
• EUSAS (European Society for Automatic Alarm Systems e.V.), and
• NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
As you can see from the “Preliminary Program” the scope of the conference has been enlarged to a more general field than just fire detection alone and includes suppression, automatic gas detection, alarm installations and security. We are lucky to offer you a very attractive program.
BIM Conference will give you opportunity to find out how the BIM suite of standards could help you support your strategic vision and enable you to deliver improved, efficient and cost effective projects.
This interactive and practical event will provide you with the opportunity to hear from leading industry experts about the importance of BIM standards being implemented in all areas of the construction and civil engineering industry
This 3 day conference explores the hottest topics of the insurance industry chosen by you.
For more information on the event programme, please contact the conference producer
+44 (0) 207 936 6621
The Oxfordshire Golf Club and Spa is perfectly positioned in the rolling hills of the Chilterns.
It has been home to prestigious events on the European Tour. A change from our normal evening at the Portman Hotel in London on a Saturday night to offer you something different in the stunning Oxfordshire countryside. The Black Tie Ball is the main event with the usual great entertainment but why not add a quality golf day or relax in the spa for the day?
We have limited numbers (200 for the Ball and 72 for the golf) so book early to avoid disappointment!
Wednesday 4th October 2017
Greswolde Arms Hotel, Knowle,
Solihull, B93 0LL
This free-to-attend, half-day event helps security buyers and installers to navigate the complex world of cyber security, including presentations from a wide range of cyber security experts.
Delegates will be informed about the cyber risks facing their business, particularly the vulnerabilities of ‘connected products’ (intruder alarms, video surveillance systems and access control) and the ways in which these can be combated, while being prepared for the introduction of new data protection regulation.
25th, 26th Oct 2017
The 17th International Water Mist Conference will take place on 25th and 26th October 2017 in Rome, Italy. Organizer is as always the International Water Mist Association (IWMA).
On 15th May 2017, the conference webpage will be activated. Delegates may then register and book their accommodation. The conference webpage can be accessed directly via the IWMA homepage.
Day one of the conference will as always be Applications Day and can be booked separately. The presentations on the second day will concentrate mainly on research and testing. One conference highlight will be the presentation of the winner of the “IWMA Young Talent Award” on day two. More details as far as speakers and topics are concerned will be available from 1st July 2017 onwards when IWMA will publish the conference programme.
Please note: the early bird period ends on 15th July 2017!
25th & 26th October 2017
The Fire Safety Summit takes place as part of the London Build Expo, the leading construction event for London and the rest of the UK
Your ticket will include access to:
• 150+ CPD accredited presentations and training workshop sessions
• Over 30 high-level presentations and workshops into Fire Safety from a wide range of fire and safety professionals (local government, construction companies, architects, developers, fire experts etc)
• Access to all the co-hosted London Build Show (the largest construction and design show for London). London Build features multiple Summits and Zones including: Sustainability Summit, BIM & Digital Construction Summit, Off-site Construction Summit, Fire Safety Summit, The Skills Hub, Interiors & Fit-out Workshops, VR Zone and more
• 10,000+ high-level attendees from: contractors, government, architects, designers, developers and more
• 300 booth exhibition showcasing the latest projects, products and innovation across the UK
• Speed Networking sessions
• The Women in Construction Morning Tea
• The London Property & Built Environment Networking Sessions
• The Department for International Trade Export Hub
• Competitions, prize giveaways and entertainment
If you have any further questions please contact the organisers>>