29 May 2015
A couple living in a converted flat in Walthamstow, London, were saved from a potentially devastating fire by the smoke alarm in their property.
The fire seriously damaged the converted loft, but the couple and two other residents in the building managed to escape before London Fire Brigade arrived on the scene.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters attended the incident.
Station Manager Sean Madeley who was at the fire said: “The smoke alarm did its job and alerted the young couple to the serious danger facing them both.
“They were able to leave their flat safely and also had enough time to warn two people living in the flats below them that a fire had broken out.
“If you don’t have smoke alarms, get them right away, as it gives you early warning in the event of a fire.”
24 October 2016
23 February 2017
21 February 2017
20 February 2017